I heard a word today and it melted me, froze me, it sang. It filled my mind with a million thoughts, it felt comfortable on my tounge.
Ah yes, say it again! New little words, how I adore when you find your way to me!
Image Source: Art Transindex
I enjoy Keri Smiths blog quite a bit and I especially adore her list of 100 Art Ideas, her Artist Survival Guide, and this Rebels Manifesto. Creative people, you are my friends, I like what you do…
Image source: weheartit.com
Filed under Uncategorized
i am a little church by E. E. Cummings
i am a little church(no great cathedral)
far from the splendor and squalor of hurrying cities
-i do not worry if briefer days grow briefest,
i am not sorry when sun and rain make april
my life is the life of the reaper and the sower;
my prayers are prayers of earth’s own clumsily striving
(finding and losing and laughing and crying)children
whose any sadness or joy is my grief or my gladness
around me surges a miracle of unceasing
birth and glory and death and resurrection:
over my sleeping self float flaming symbols
of hope,and i wake to a perfect patience of mountains
i am a little church(far from the frantic
world with its rapture and anguish)at peace with nature
-i do not worry if longer nights grow longest;
i am not sorry when silence becomes singing
winter by spring,i lift my diminutive spire to
merciful Him Whose only now is forever:
standing erect in the deathless truth of His presence
(welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness)
Incase you forgot to say this to yourself this morning, repeat after this young beauty queen for a guaranteed smile and great start to the day!
Holy freakin love! A friend of mine sent me this site (mingle2.com) which I have giggled my way through now a couple of times. It is just a humorous take on dating; some of the stuff is soo bloody funny, some of it is just silly/stupid. Most of these are top 10s but here are some of my favorite lists and pictures!
10 Reasons it Would Rule to Date a Unicorn:
9 Reasons Not to Date a Tyrannosaurus Rex:
10 Very Good Reasons Why You Should Grow a Giant Beard:
I hope all of you are smiling your way through this bright and shiny weekend…
Webster’s Dictionary Definition of Community:
1 : a unified body of individuals: as a : state, commonwealth b : an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location c : a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society <a community of retired persons>
2 a : joint ownership or participation <community of goods> b : common character : likeness <community of interests> c : social activity : fellowship
I have found a beautiful community of travelers alike. A group of individuals in my life who melt together to make my world so much more colorful and bright. In these past two years I have spent more time with unknown travelers than I have with any of my close family or friends. They have become my community. They are the people I go too when I am excited, the people I discover new lands with, they are the people who hear my emotional struggles, the people who capture my biggest smiles, and the people who walk in and out of my life in the most dazzeling and delicate ways.
A while ago I was contacted by a fellow traveler I have not yet met. He had found my blog and wanted to feature a previous blog post of mine in the ‘postcard’ section of his blog. He also runs a magazine geared mostly towards hitchhikers and I am currently working with him putting together a little something to be published in his next issue. I have been thrilled to talk Robino over this last little while; he is a great character and has one of those welcoming, enjoyable personalities that is just so easy to connect with, he also has a very apparent passion for travelers (particularly hitchhikers) and I love the way he is channeling all his wonderful energy into a project aimed at bringing this community even closer. Bohemian minds capture my heart.
If you want to check out my blog post on the Random Roads blog click here. If you would like to see some of Robinos amazing traveling photographs click here.
Image found on PlasticSfoonss.com
Images found on weheartit.com
Images found on weheartit.com
Five reasons why me and my first love never did quite work out:
1. The day before we were finally supposed to meet (yes it was in my cards, we were indeed actually going to magically meet and fall madly in love) my wicked evil parents grounded me from Edgefest (the concert of my teenage dreams) and ruined my one and only chance to meet my one true love.
2. The sexy long blonde hair that covered my every inch of wall for about two solid years (which might I remind you was a long committed relationship for wall coverage in those years) was voted out of my room. Yup, you heard me, my miserable man of a father crumbled all my dreams and gave me the option for me to take my pictures off my wall, or contact my boyfriend and tell him to cut his hair. What he didn’t realize was that option two was no longer an option since he ruined option one for me as well.
3. He married Natalie Imbruglia; nothing ruins a bad boy rock image like draping a pretty ol pop star on your arm
4. I envied his eating disorder and knew once he weighed less than me, my weight envy would make the two of us go straight downhill
5. He fell off the face of the earth and nothing stunts teenage love like being away from one another for long periods of time (i.e. one or two weeks), outta sight outta mind I suppose.
Dont worry though Mr. Daniel Johns, every now and then I still think of you, I still miss you, and I still allow you to serenade me to sleep.
Ohhh teenage love, you are good.